Minggu, 15 Juni 2008

Pretty Things Big Give: The Sea Within

Update: PAULA is the very lucky winner of The Sea Within's give-a-way of not one, but two cute little bags...a tissue holder and small zippered bag. Thanks so much to all who entered. Be sure to enter this week's give-a-way too!


Nadine of The Sea Within grew up in the Canadian Prairies with a desire to create, learning to sew when she was young.
Unfortunately, she didn't really do much with her craft until she moved to the California Bay Area and re-discovered some much needed inspiration in the beautiful fabrics at a local store. Now, she also finds inspiration for her lovely bags in some of the most simple yet unexpected places, such as a party dress, cake, postcards, sharp pencils, flea market finds and the inscriptions found in old books.

What inspires you?
I'm not sure what inspires me. Since I can remember, I could never find things I'd like in the shops and would modify
them myself (usually with the help of my mom). I think a lot of my ideas come from not being able to find things I like. I also love anything with animals and nature on it. Also all the great fabrics I find really inspire me to create.

What has been your most memorable moment selling your art?
My most memorable moment...hmmm... Probably when I sold 100 items on Etsy. I think I felt validated and that I may be a sorta good at this. I remember when I first started on Etsy all I wanted to do was sell 10 items, so hitting one hundred was huge for me. I used to look at the shops that had 100 items and thought that was so incredible.

Any advice for fellow artists...
I would advise people to do what they love. Don't worry
about wondering if it will sell or if it's the right style. I just make things I like and that I want to make. Keep it fun. Once it isn't fun anymore, it's not worth it.

Shoppe: http://TheSeaWithin.etsy.com
Flickr:
http://flickr.com/photos/theseawithin


(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * ◦ *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

This Give-a-way has ended...

Nadine of The Sea Within has a very generous give-a-way for you...not 1, but 2 precious little treats! You can keep your travel tissues in the super cute tissue holder and your makeup in the small zippered bag, both made in her popular "Bears and Trees" print fabric with coordinating teal coloured fabric lining.






How to enter:
Look at the pretty little things in The Sea Within and comment here on the prettiest things you see! AND, if you tell us WHY you'd love to have your favourite, you'll be entered twice to win this little great give-a-way!



Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

 
Privacy | Contact | Profile
© 2011, Omagz. Design by emfaruq