Rabu, 04 Februari 2009

David Easton






I have admired David Easton's work and so exciting to get to meet him this morning and hear him lecture at the San Francisco Design Center for "Design San Francisco" formally Winter Market.


Lee Jofa hosted and some of the new fabrics and furniture were on display.


I think what I took from David Easton's lecture was what he called his "wanderlust" for travel.
He couldn't stress more in his lecture that travel inspired him and was the most wonderful thing that people could do to educate themselves on so many different levels.
Places that David Easton takes the most inspiration these days from: Cape Town, Sydney, India and China.
Reading about the place you are traveling to while you were there was also a good point to the lecture- Marco Polo on his last trip to Beijing. When I talked to David I told him that I couldn't have agreed with him more and that I didn't have a formal design degree but had been educating myself with travel over the last years. His advice- get a copy of Death and Venice and read it twice before my trip in May!

Sorry that the photos aren't great- The shot of David and Suzanna and myself had the light from the slide projector shining on us. Also pictured are Rory and Savannah-the most wonderful sales team at the showroom.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

 
Privacy | Contact | Profile
© 2011, Omagz. Design by emfaruq