Rabu, 05 Maret 2008

Project Run-away


I always make it a point to send my longtime galpal, Charmaine, links that I know she'll get a kick out of or that might be appropriate fodder for her delightful blog, Juiciful. We've been fast friends since we were footloose and fancy free twentysomethings toiling together as graphic designers in Chicago. It was the glorious 90's when we first met: mini backpacks were all the rage, the Rachel Aniston shag was de rigeur, Melrose Place was must see tv, and we were single and carefree (see vintage photo at right, at typical night out for us. Her look: Asian Hooker Meets Breakfast at Tiffany's and mine: Good Humor Man/Bollywood Club Kid). I digress. Anyway, when I stumbled upon the news of Chloe Sevigny's new role as fashion designer I immediately alerted her and this is what she had to say:

I have long loathed Chloe Sevigny's unique and almost unequivocally figure unflattering fashion sense. Ms. Sevigny's wardrobe abominations and reluctance to powder her nose have gained her the rare status of "frequent offender" on the Go Fug Yourself site (my favorite guilty pleasure). Some would argue that Ms. Sevigny is a fashion impresario and if one sticks to the dictionary definition of "a person who puts on or sponsors an entertainment," this could be an accurate description. I'm just trying to imagine if Marc Jacobs or top American fashion designer Michael Kors or those cuties Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough at Proenza Schouler are amused by Ms. Sevigny's audacity at assuming the role of designer. I know it chaps my a** when type bastardizing buffoons with a cracked copy of Photoshop call themselves graphics (with an "s") designers.

I couldn't have expressed it better. Check out Chloe's entire collection of unusual garments at Opening Ceremony.

Doodle Whore wants to know what YOU think, dear reader. Do you want to dress like Chloe Sevigny?

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

 
Privacy | Contact | Profile
© 2011, Omagz. Design by emfaruq