I guess I am always on a mission to "think outside of the box" and challenge myself and projects to come up with creative ideas that are unique-creative-inventive and personalized.
What are the "laws" of design anyway? Who says you can't move something to a new location that is not typical- to make something work. If it works for you and your life- is that all that really matters?
I am pondering this question as earlier this week I thought of a new location for a little "bar on a tray" for a project that I am working on. Rather than keeping it in it's usual home in a bookcase- I moved the location to the mantel above the fireplace (which isn't working by the way). I am not sure if this is really going to end up living in this new location- but this is what got me thinking about this topic. Why isn't it ok? Or is it? Is it horrible? Or maybe brilliant? Is it that- it becomes the focal point of the room? Is it that- you just can't make a bar on top of a fireplace mantel? If the bottles are pretty CAN it become an interesting focal point? Who sets these rules anyway? If it works for the space- is that all that really matters?
Let me know what you think about pushing the limits and the idea of the bar on the mantel as a concept in general.
(Sorry the photo is not great- it was getting dark and the iphone doesn't have a flash (hear that iphone maker people- flash next time- please!)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar