DAVEL is the lucky winner of the 2 gorgeous prints by Danita...CONGRATULATIONS!
...a special THANK YOU to everyone who commented on this feature and entered the give-a-way!
xxx
Raven
❤ ❤ ❤
I’m just soooo excited about this week’s featured artist as she is one of my absolute favourites!

I’m sure you’ve heard of her or seen her work on Etsy…and if you haven’t, well..., consider this feature a gift. Each piece of her work is like an individual little daydream treasure of complete joy. Danita is a self-taught mixed media artist and illustrator with a passion for creating beautiful works of art…beeswax encaustics, collage, acrylic paintings, the most stunning art dolls and many other creative things.

Some quirky obsessions that inspire her and make up her artistic spirit are green and Mexican pink, staying up until very the wee hours of the morning, waking up late, drinking coffee, eating chocolates, looking at her baby, touching spaghetti before pouring the sauce and an addiction to paper.
Dying to know more...? Then, read on...I just know that you’ll enjoy her work as much as I do!

❤ Tell us a bit about You…
I think I'm more known by my art name, Danita Art than my real one, so let's go by that one. I live in Juarez, Mexico, on the border with El Paso, TX. I have a two year
old toddler who's my life, and thanks to her I quit my day job and committed to becoming a full time artist so I could stay at home with her. My favorite animals are Dogs And Elephants, and I'm a paper addict... Love hoarding pattern papers.
❤ What inspires you?
I'm inspired by everyday things. Things I see, phrases I read, music I hear and random thoughts that pop into my mind when I'm concentrating... Which to the layman is very close to goofing off. Whenever I get an idea, I draw a quick sketch on my moleskine and save it for later. When I sit down to paint, I go trough my sketchbooks and find something that matches my mood. Sometimes a great sketch does not translate as well as I thought, so I sit down to paint and let art speak by itself. It's a weird process, I know.
❤ Apart from creating things, what do you do for fun?
I like spending time with my daughter, take her to the zoo and run around with her. I love going to the movies, flip trough magazines and drink coffee.
❤ Do you work at your art/craft full time or do you have another job?
I used to have an office job which made me feel trapped, but when I got pregnant I took the resolution of quitting to spend my time with my daughter and motherhood became my full time job, art is my second job. I'm sleep deprived, I can stay up all night creating when I get an art attack. I love sleeping, but the only thing that I love more is art.
❤ What has been your most memorable moment selling your art?
The day I sold my first painting... I thought I CAN DO THIS!
❤ What are your current obsessions?
Art Interests? Well… They are always changing. I can't stay too long on the same spot, my soul calls for changing and that is reflected in my art. I never know what's going to come up next. Take a look at my online gallery and you'll see what I mean. Right now, my obsession is papier mache, clay, encaustic collage, and reorganizing my studio because it was a mess... The only constant here is Paper, paper, paper... I obsess with collage!
❤ Any advice for fellow artists...
Go for it! Find your own style and be true to yourself.
❤ If you could be any character who would it be and why?
Olivia the Pig... She does what she wants!
❤ Do you think you lived in a past life? If so, where & when?
No, I don't believe in that stuff. I think you got only one shot and you must make the best of it.
❤ Tell us your future plans for your business...
If I told you, I would have to kill you.... hehehe. Expand my markets and experiment with new media... I'd love to go digital in near future. There's so many things I'd love to do and learn that not a hundred lifetimes will be enough to learn all. Too bad I only got one.
❤ Anything else you'd like to mention?….
Well... I want to thank everyone who's supported me, ‘special
ly the ones who have been with me since I started. When I read and heard artists thank their followers I used to think it was lip service, but now I've realized that it's true. You are nothing without your audience. To everyone who's written to me, followed my blog, bought a painting or looked at my art, THANKS, deeply and truly from the bottom of my heart. I would not be what I am without you.
❤ Anyone you'd like to mention as a fave Etsy seller?
Elsita - I think she rocks, she's very creative and authentic. She hasn't made anything I don't enjoy looking at.
❤ Shoppe: DanitaShop
❤ Blog: DanitaArt
❤ Flickr
old toddler who's my life, and thanks to her I quit my day job and committed to becoming a full time artist so I could stay at home with her. My favorite animals are Dogs And Elephants, and I'm a paper addict... Love hoarding pattern papers. ❤ What inspires you?
I'm inspired by everyday things. Things I see, phrases I read, music I hear and random thoughts that pop into my mind when I'm concentrating... Which to the layman is very close to goofing off. Whenever I get an idea, I draw a quick sketch on my moleskine and save it for later. When I sit down to paint, I go trough my sketchbooks and find something that matches my mood. Sometimes a great sketch does not translate as well as I thought, so I sit down to paint and let art speak by itself. It's a weird process, I know.
❤ Apart from creating things, what do you do for fun? I like spending time with my daughter, take her to the zoo and run around with her. I love going to the movies, flip trough magazines and drink coffee.
❤ Do you work at your art/craft full time or do you have another job?
I used to have an office job which made me feel trapped, but when I got pregnant I took the resolution of quitting to spend my time with my daughter and motherhood became my full time job, art is my second job. I'm sleep deprived, I can stay up all night creating when I get an art attack. I love sleeping, but the only thing that I love more is art.
❤ What has been your most memorable moment selling your art?
The day I sold my first painting... I thought I CAN DO THIS!
❤ What are your current obsessions?

Art Interests? Well… They are always changing. I can't stay too long on the same spot, my soul calls for changing and that is reflected in my art. I never know what's going to come up next. Take a look at my online gallery and you'll see what I mean. Right now, my obsession is papier mache, clay, encaustic collage, and reorganizing my studio because it was a mess... The only constant here is Paper, paper, paper... I obsess with collage!
❤ Any advice for fellow artists...
Go for it! Find your own style and be true to yourself.
❤ If you could be any character who would it be and why? Olivia the Pig... She does what she wants!
❤ Do you think you lived in a past life? If so, where & when?
No, I don't believe in that stuff. I think you got only one shot and you must make the best of it.
❤ Tell us your future plans for your business...
If I told you, I would have to kill you.... hehehe. Expand my markets and experiment with new media... I'd love to go digital in near future. There's so many things I'd love to do and learn that not a hundred lifetimes will be enough to learn all. Too bad I only got one.
❤ Anything else you'd like to mention?….
Well... I want to thank everyone who's supported me, ‘special
ly the ones who have been with me since I started. When I read and heard artists thank their followers I used to think it was lip service, but now I've realized that it's true. You are nothing without your audience. To everyone who's written to me, followed my blog, bought a painting or looked at my art, THANKS, deeply and truly from the bottom of my heart. I would not be what I am without you. ❤ Anyone you'd like to mention as a fave Etsy seller?
Elsita - I think she rocks, she's very creative and authentic. She hasn't made anything I don't enjoy looking at.
❤ Shoppe: DanitaShop
❤ Blog: DanitaArt
❤ Flickr
❤ ❤ ❤
This Give-A-Way is now closed!
As if we didn't already think DANITA was the sweetest little thing,...For this week's generous giveaway, she is allowing ONE lucky winner to pick not one, but TWO prints from her shoppe!
★ To enter: Be sure to check out Danita's shoppe. Then come back here and comment on your 2 favourite items in her shoppe. You can pick any items. If you win, I will email you to get your 2 favourite print choices.
★ For an extra entry into this contest...Post a comment on any other post on my blog, not including artist features.
Most Important Details... If your favourite treasures by Danita are not part of your comment and some sort of viable contact information is not included, your entry will be disqualified. I DO check every single entry. Give-a-way is shipped out via the artist. The winner's name is drawn randomly from a hat...the old-fashioned way. One entry per person unless you comment on another post on this blog during the week of this feature/contest. All entries must be received by noon on Sunday, February 8th, 2009 PST. There is a clock on the right side of this blog so that you may check Los Angeles {PST} time. This contest is open to everyone, everywhere.
Best of luck to you, my Pretties!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar