CAROLYN is the lucky winner of the beautiful chandelier earrings by ShimmerMeBlue...CONGRATULATIONS!
...a special THANK YOU to everyone who entered!
xxx
Raven
❤ ❤ ❤

"When the deepest part of you becomes engaged in what you are doing, when what you do serves both yourself and others, when you do not tire within, but seek the sweet satisfaction of your life and your work, you are doing what you were meant to be doing." - Unknown
One of my favourite quotes {above} reminds me of this week's featured artist. Melissa of ShimmerMeBlue is a self taught jewelry artist. She says it all thanks to the internet and YouTube.
Fairly new to Etsy, Melissa has been designing jewelry for about 5 months now...and absolutely loves what she does! It's so great that she's found something she enjoys doing, what more could anyone ask for!
❤ Tell us a bit about yourself…

My name is Melissa and I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My boyfriend {of 10 years} and I have two sons together, ages 7 and 9.
❤ What inspires you?
My family inspires me the most. They make me want to do the best that I can to succeed at what I enjoy.
As far as my ideas, they are completely random. Usually when I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleeep is when my mind wanders! I have to admit…I've come up with some of my best ideas while half asleep.
❤ Apart from creating things, what do you do for fun?I love to camp! I wish we had warm weather year round here so I could go more often! Most of the time, I just hang out and play with the kids or hang out with some friends or shop. I also play WoW, and it can get pretty addicting!
❤ What has been your most memorable moment selling your art?
Probably my 1st few sales. My mom took about 10 pairs of earrings to work with her, and sold almost all of them that day! I was so excited! I liked my things of course, but I had no idea anyone else would love them enough to buy them!
❤ Any advice for fellow artists...
Don't give up. It can be very hard to make money right away off the start. You may only make a little here and there. But if you do something that you enjoy and love, it will be worth it in the end!

❤ If you could be any character who would it be and why?
Hmm, I have to say She-Ra. She was my hero when I was a little kid. It's just sad that no one even knows about her anymore, right along with He-Man!
❤ Where have you traveled or where would you like to travel?
I haven't traveled very far yet. I really want to take a trip to Florida. We've been talking about it for about 3 years now, and just haven't gone yet.

❤ Tell us your future plans for your business...
I do have a lot of big plans for the future, but that will all take A LOT of time, effort and money. My near future goals are to do craft shows/fairs as soon as I can make enough jewelry and get enough displays to do so.
❤ Anything else you'd like to add about yourself or your work, etc….
I have been doing all kinds of 'crafty' things since I was very young. I guess it's just kind of like a second nature to me. Creating jewelry has been one of the most fun and most rewarding so far! Check out ShimmerMeBlue here too!
❤ SHOPPE: ShimmerMeBlue
❤ BLOG: ShimmerMeBlueDesigns
✿ ❤ ✿
This Give-a-way is now closed. Winner has confirmed...
This Give-a-way is now closed. Winner has confirmed...

Melissa of ShimmerMeBlue graciously gave away a pair of her best selling chandelier heart earrings handcrafted with Swarovski crystals.
Be sure to check out her store.
Most Important Details... This contest closed at noon on Sunday,February 1st, 2009 PST.
Thank you for entering, my Pretties!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar