Kamis, 03 Juli 2008

Things that disturb my Chi*

1. I've been seeing ads for this pendant by Na Hoku everywhere and it makes my blood pressure soar.



You know who wears these? Your (or maybe even my) overly-tanned neighbor with big fluffy hair who goes to Hawaii every year and refers to it in every conversation. Flip-flops are comfortable--yes. So are sweatpants. That does not mean that they should be gold-plated and bedazzled and hung around the neck as jewelry. I know, I know, it's the Hawaiian "mentality," but leave it in Hawaii. Do not buy it at your land-locked suburban mall and wear it year-round. Please.

2. The family stickers for the car:



It's kind of a friend deal-breaker for me. A harsh yet effective tool for weeding out MILKs.

3. You know how itunes has recommendations for you based upon previous purchases? Well. itunes recommended The Doobie Brothers to me. What the FUCK?! What on earth have I downloaded that would lead anyone to believe that I would like the fucking Doobie Brothers? I actually can't think of a band that I hate more. I'd rather listen to Rico Suave 400 times in a row rather than listen to one fucking second of Michael McDonald singing Takin' it to the Streets. itunes, I am totally offended. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.

4. I was being pretty negative in 1-3 and that also disturbs my Chi. So, let's talk about the 4th of July! It's one of my favorite holidays, mostly because we spend it in my hometown in Kansas. Swimming, bike parades, fried chicken, lightening bugs, seeing old friends, watching fireworks in the backyard . . . it's lovely. Have a fantastic 4th of July!

NOTE: One more--when Blogger BLATANTLY disregards my formatting. Jesus! Hopefully it's fixed by the time you read this.

*Yes, I am quoting Lauri Waring Peterson and if you have a problem with it, write your Congressman.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

 
Privacy | Contact | Profile
© 2011, Omagz. Design by emfaruq