Jumat, 24 Agustus 2007

Erie Days

So I took two planes and drove a hundred miles from Cleveland, OH to Erie, PA to visit my cousin who just had her second beautiful baby boy. That's right! This post is coming directly to you from the great State of Pennsylvania. I am sitting on the first floor of her beautiful 3 bedroom Colonial. It is huge. The street has a fantastic island down it's length that has gorgeous mature trees. If you look closely, you can see some chips in the street where the original brick shows through. It's like a fairy tale. And, I could have all this for one year's salary. I am weeping openly right now.

Also, I am wondering why the good people of Ohio do not think it is necessary to put lights on their highways or roads. Strange. And, who exactly is in charge of radio programming between 11:30 pm and 1:00 am in Ohio? Because I am not pleased. To keep awake I had to sing the following songs (which were the only ones on the radio that I could even recognize). Ready:

(1) Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
(2) Chances Are (Johnny Mathis)
(3) She Bop (Cyndi Lauper)
(4) And I tried.. oh my god how I tried (?) (Concrete Blonde)
What's Up (4 Non Blondes)
(5) Give me the Simple Life! (Tony Bennet)
(6) Sister Christian (Night Ranger)

Yeah. It was pretty bad.


Anyhoodle, here's a sample real estate listing in Erie:


This house would cost what in Sherman Oaks? $3M? But in Erie, it's $360k. Just kill me.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

 
Privacy | Contact | Profile
© 2011, Omagz. Design by emfaruq