About 5 years ago I left Melbourne, Australia to live in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia. About 12 hours drive. We left my family and friends to live with husband's family in an effort to save for a wedding. I arrived at the foot of the mountains with my chipboard study desk (was a student in Melbourne with very little mula), a soggy double futon mattress minus base, a chair and two Ikea shelves. I needed someplace to put my clothes and inspired by my mother in law who DIYs regularly country style, I tackled my first. An old, decrepit gentleman's lowboy from a church yard sale was the worst thing you could imagine. Grotty, just poorly. Desperation and a hint of vision made me reach for the $5 in my wallet to purchase the ugly thing.

After a few coats of paint and an old door handle with coordinating key and pulley thing, it perked up tremendously. It is now one of my favourite
sentimentally connected pieces.

So now we've moved back to Melbourne plus a baby and a horde of furniture we're slowly replacing... and this piece is now... left needing a new use!
I was going to sell it on eBay
and tear my heart out. But husband has commented that it might do well as a nursery cupboard for Hannah. Except I will have to find someone to outfit it for me... and Hannah's nursery is to be red and I can't BEAR painting over the green!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar