So I was at Starbucks this morning and I saw a young couple with their little baby and another couple all huddeled over some legal documents. I can't help it, this kind of thing forces me to eavesdrop. Thre's a lot of signing going on when suddenly the young mother in the group says:
"I don't understand why it says 8.7%. You said 8.475% so why is it different?"
And the gentleman (?) who is arranging all the documents for her says:
"Oh, well, it's probably going to go up so I just put in the higher rate."
Whatwhatwhat?! I am in a state of complete and total shock but before I can say anything the young woman responds:
"I am so sick of this! It just keeps going up and up. I just want this to be over."
Her husband says: "Well, are you sure you want to do this?"
And then the gentleman (?) who was arranging the papers says:
"It's only going to be maybe another $10 a month so... you want the house right?"
The young mother nods and they begin signing.
At this point, I needed to be physically restrained. I wanted to scream at this young couple:
"EIGHT POINT SEVEN PERCENT! HE THINKS IT MIGHT GO UP SO HE PUT IN A HIGHER RATE? WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING?! THIS MAN IS COMMITTING A CRIME! THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO GET A MORTGAGE! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO GET A MORTGAGE! THINK OF YOUR BABY!"
In fairness, I do not know the whole story so I did not interfere. But good lord, is there anyway this might end well? So sad.
Jumat, 27 Juli 2007
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar