Since I was a little girl, I've loved formal, fancy, frilly furniture and fabrics. Especially in the bedroom.
I guess we can blame my parents. When I was six and we moved to a new house, they bought me a new bedroom set. What I recall is that they pre-selected two sets and gave me my choice. (This is a great tactic with kids, btw. Let them have their choice from items you have already approved of). One was antiqued white. One was green. Those who know me know that green is my signature color - apparently this was true at six as well. My new bedroom set had a beautiful dresser, big mirror and a canopy!
It's no surprise, then, that when I saw an ad for Bograd Kids furniture, I was drawn to it. They have pieces that are fabulously over the top (they also have some more down-to-earth styles, but that's not the focus of today).
Now, I know that most girls aren't all that in love with these styles today, which is fine. But for some, these are their princess fantasies come to life. There is no question that these are expensive pieces of furniture. But if you match the right furniture to the right child, there is no reason why it won't grow with them. When my childhood bedroom set was purchased in (dare I say it...) 1968, it cost about $600. That was a lot of money in 1968 and even today many parents aren't willing to spend much more than that on kids furniture.

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar